The Sunday Post #128


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It's a chance to share news - a post to recap the past week on your blog, 
showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is
coming up on your blog in the week ahead. You can find the info here:


Today, November 11, is Veterans Day, although it's being officially observed tomorrow so Monday will be the federal holiday. It's a day to honor all who have served the country, in war or peace, dead or alive, although it's largely intended to thank living veterans for their sacrifices. 

Today I honor my husband, Robert, who served this country for 21 years. As a Chief Hospital Corpsman he was often stationed with the Marines, who usually referred to him as "Doc." In times of crisis, when others took cover, it was Robert who ran toward danger and to the injured. During Operation Desert Storm it was Robert who helped mobilize the Navy's medical personnel and ensure they were at the ready and in place when needed. He served his time both on U.S. soil - in North Carolina, in Georgia, in Illinois, and in Florida at the Navy's Experimental Diving Unit - and on missions that took him to Columbia, Croatia, Beirut, Mogadishu and more.

Robert is a patriot to his core. He was called to serve - and would do it all again. I am in awe of his honor and integrity and sacrifice. It is humbling. And not just today, but especially today, I thank him and so many others who have placed service above self. 

  


Tuesday, November 6
Top Ten Tuesday: Backlist Edition

Wednesday, November 7
WWW Wednesday #30

Friday, November 9


WHAT I FINISHED IN THE LAST WEEK:
  
    
This series just gets better and better.

Quite Girl in a Noisy World - Debbie Tung
A graphic novel that was (almost disturbingly) relatable.

Every single plot thread was completely over the top, and I thought my eyes were going to roll right out of my head, but it was entertaining enough. Mostly.

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY READING: 
Off to a great start!

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
What He Doesn't Know - Kandi Steiner
I've heard good things about Kandi Steiner so I'm giving this one a try. Although, the narrator has an odd thing about dragging out the last word of every sentence and I can't stop noticing it. Gah!

KINDLE:
Because Sophie's review convinced me it is a must-read.
    





How was your week? Any new books? Any news to share? 
I'd love to hear about it!

Post a Comment

0 Comments