MAC Studio Fix Concealer SPF35 Review

Hello friends!=)
So today's review is a cream concealer from 'MAC'.



I bought this concealer to actually hide my scars and redness left from my breakouts. I heard that this concealer has amazing coverage to hide imperfections. I have a deep dark scar that I really wanted to conceal so I went to MAC store and ask one of the girls to help me conceal it. At first, she tried to conceal the scar with just this concealer but it was still very noticeable. She then tried to use a corrector, then powder over it, then use the concealer again, then powder, then concealer....After tons of layers of everything, it is still noticeable so she eventually gave up and say 'you know what, a little bit of scar is fine'. I felt bad not buying this concealer from her since she really had try very hard to help me. So that's a little short story of how and why I bought this concealer.

Claims:
An emollient-based lightweight and creamy concealer that provides discreetly opaque coverage. Contains SPF35 protection. Offers smooth, long-wearing, invisible correction for all skin blemishes, imperfections and discolourations with a natural matte finish. This formula is so concentrated that a small amount can conceal and correct a number of imperfections. The antioxidant-rich concealer helps to absorb excess oil and feeds the skin with derivatives of vitamin A and E. Water-resistant. Fragrance-free. Non-acnegenic.

Ingredients:
Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Titanium Dioxide (Nano), Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Alumina, Stearic Acid [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)] <ILN40416>

 Rate: 6.5/10





Consistency/texture: cream

Smell/scent: typical cosmetic scent

Coverage: average

Lasting effect/power: it will lasts the entire day if you don't touch it

Available shades: 15 shades

Feel: doesn't feel anything.

Application/how to use: apply to skin directly with finger or concealer brush. Blend with finger or concealer brush.

How often do you use: wherever I have any blemishes, redness or scars to cover which I do have a few right now. So I use it almost every single day now.

Packaging: small and compact. Great for travelling.

Sizes: one size 7g

Product life span: 24 months

Would you recommend to others: maybe

Personal experience using it: I personally find that if you have slight redness and also light scars, this is a nice concealer to cover it. It is not a full full full coverage concealer so it doesn't cover up those nasty big red spots. Also, do not use this concealer on spots that are dry because it can look very cakey. Deep dark scars or angry spots can't be cover by this concealer. It is very thick and creamy so you really do not need a lot to cover up any imperfections of yours. Overall, I think it is an average concealer, not as amazing as I thought it would be.

Would you repurchase: at least not for now because I still haven't use up the current one yet.

Product value/price: $20 / €21

Where I bought mine: Brown Thomas Henry Street

Links for further information: MAC website, Brown Thomas website (€21)

That's it guys!=)
Hope it helps.
If you have tried this concealer before, let me know your thoughts below.
X.O.X.O

Post a Comment

0 Comments